When you do something, do it right - the go early, stay late kind of effort. This goes for any industry, job, or goal in your life. But if you want to excel in the HVAC industry, you can't expect to get far without getting NATE certified. Here are 10 reasons why you should get NATE certified.
- Pride: you can feel proud knowing you accomplished certification and can prove that you now know HVAC inside and out.
- Confidence: customers feel confident when certified techs enter their homes - confident that they know what they're doing and that they are professional.
- Knowledge: knowledge is one thing no one can take from you. When you're trained and certified, you can prove to yourself and others that you're knowledgeable.
- Prestige: from attending NATE events to having the badge on your uniform, you'll be known as one of the elite NATE certified technicians.
- Support: certified techs stay in the industry longer with support from entities, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Saving energy and money from utilities: certified techs know the best ways to save energy and money.
- Competition: employers prefer someone who can prove they know HVAC. Certification does that.
- Promotions: NATE certified techs are eligible for promotions into managerial positions.
- Bragging rights: let's be honest, we all like the ability to say we've got some quality that sets us apart from others.
- Profit: certified techs earn more, and businesses with certified techs bring in more profits.
Are you NATE certified? Tweet me @HVACLearning to tell me how it's set you apart.