There are some words that will never leave your manager's lips. It doesn't mean that he or she wouldn't want you to know the following five things (via inc.com):
1. Sales don't just "appear." Sometimes the work you get makes your life difficult, and that stinks. But sometimes, it's all we can do to keep your truck with enough gas for the jobs, and lights on at the office, and food on your table.
2. I want you to have fun at your job. It's ok to laugh on the job (even when I'm nearby), and it makes me feel good to know that I'm running a company that has such a great culture.
3. I want you to like me. It's important that we get along. I don't want to come off as someone who doesn't care about your growth or future.
4. Please work here forever. When you leave the company, it hurts. You're not disposable.
5. There are some things I can't tell you. That's just the way it is. It's nothing personal, so don't take it as such.