Great HVAC salespeople know what they're talking about. They know how to maintain a heating and cooling system, understands pricing, and what constitutes a capable technician. They are experts.
Here are some top reasons as to why an HVAC salesperson should know technician basics:
- Nobody is going to buy from someone who doesn't understand the value of what they're selling. If you don't know the type of heating and cooling system a home or business will need, why would they want to buy from you?
- Your customer WILL have questions. Selling is all about confidence, and you should know how to answer most questions at a moment's notice.
- You must ask questions, too. Good technicians know which questions to ask their customers to assess needs. You'll be doing the same.
- Everyone wants a deal. If you don't understand that one system might be more beneficial than another price-wise, your customer could feel cheated.
- Salespeople need to walk the walk and talk the talk to gain any credibility in the company or with customers.
Tell us: How do you prepare yourself for a sale?