By Mike Moore
The Millennials are coming actually, they're already here! As the largest generation in history, members of Gen-Y are becoming homeowners and making up an increasingly larger percentage of your HVAC company's customer base, which means it's more important than ever to optimize your business for Millennial customers.
Take advantage of these five ways to make your business Millennial-friendly
- Mobile optimization- We all know how much younger generations love their phones, so make it simple for them to access your website on smartphones and tablets by optimizing it for mobile use.
- Online appointment scheduling Having a feature to schedule appointments on your website makes it easier and faster for customers to contact you, streamlining the process on both ends.
- Social media presence - Social media is a great way to connect with customers and showcase the people side of your business, which is something Gen-Y is known to value. At the very least, your company should have a Facebook page with up-to-date contact information.
- Reviews and testimonials - Customers of all ages tend to trust the recommendations and opinions of other people more than your business message, so encourage your customers to leave positive reviews online.
- Website information - Millennials love to do research, and they're already 57% of the way through the buying process by the time you show up at their house. Give them lots of information to work with regarding your company, products, equipment, warranty program, ongoing maintenance, and more.
Don't miss out on Millennial business! Optimize your website, scheduling process, and online presence for maximum exposure and usability among the Gen-Y crowd.