Taking on $2 million in sales can seem like a reach, but it's more attainable than you may think. The key performance indicator, or KPI, for Comfort Advisors is $1.2 million, but aiming for $2 million or more can create new opportunities for your company's profits and your own income.
So how can you hit the $2 million mark? Here are my six tips for becoming a high-performance salesperson:
- Don't sit back and wait for a lead. It's all about asking the customer the right questions and then showing them the value. Sell on value, and then add items such as indoor air quality, dehumidification, etc., to seal the deal.
- Have a higher closing rate. This means you need to build a good sales process. Each time the customer is concerned, customize your sales presentation. For example, musicians and actors repeat the same thing over and over again, but they make each audience believe it's the first time it's coming out of their mouths.
- Generate one to two leads every day. Existing customers can recommend you to family and friends, so ask and reward them for leads. You should also network through community and trade organizations and stay active on social media. Once you're recognizable, opportunities will start coming your way.
- Be fully involved with your colleagues. Encourage technicians to generate leads for you, but show them appreciation for the work they do. Technicians are with homeowners every day and can choose to recommend you or not.
- Create a vision board. Every successful salesperson should map out a plan, establish goals, and have checkpoints along the way to stay on track.
- Become a student. The consumer is changing, and they don't just accept the status quo. People are prepared to spend their money as long as they receive value, so tailor your sales presentation to the consumer and sell to the generation.
Becoming a high-performance salesperson means going above and beyond, but reaching for $2 million will benefit both yourself and your company. Want to learn how to amp your sales goals this year? Enroll today in our Master $elling and Advanced Master Selling courses on DaveNet.com under My Learning or call us at 800-654-3283, option 2.
Guest blogger Dave Nichols is a regional training manager with HVAC Learning Solutions.