The HVACLS guide to self-improvement
September is National Self-Improvement month. It's the perfect month for a self-evaluation to realign your goals. I guarantee if you improve your life outside of office hours, you'll see improvements in the workplace as well.
Don't feel overwhelmed. I'm not here to preach to you about what you need to change. I just want you to be the best version of yourself. Consider this your guide to self-improvement. Let's do this together and make the HVAC industry better.
- Honestly ask yourself these questions and write down your answers. Seeing your honest answers in black and white helps you figure out what you can improve.
- Do I often set goals that I don't accomplish?
- Am I physically healthy?
- Am I happy?
- What activities do I involve myself in that improve my mental health?
- Do I surround myself with supportive people?
- Are there things in my life holding me back from living fully?
- What motivates me to wake up in the morning?
- Do I give more than I take?
- Write out your goals. Drawing from your answers, create a list of attainable goals and deadlines to reach them.
- Share your answers and goals with others. Accountability is the secret ingredient in the recipe for success.
- Execute. "Vision without execution is hallucination." -Thomas A. Edison.
Now get after it!
It's great to hear feedback from fellow professionals. Feel comfortable leaving a comment or tweeting me @HVACLearning with tips how you plan to improve yourself this month.