The Internet is prime real estate for your marketing and branding efforts. So why not take advantage? Your website says a lot about the kind of business you run, so it's important to keep an up-to-date site for easy user access and a seamless experience.
Here are a few vital components your website must have to be valuable.
- Working links: When you have an embedded link on your website, it needs to go somewhere. There is nothing more frustrating to a user than clicking on a link that goes to an error page. Go through your website frequently to check links and remove or edit those that don't work or are outdated to keep from losing potential customers.
- Social media icons: The location of your social media icons is vital to the success of your online engagement with your customers. Be sure to put social media icons at the top of the website, where they are easy to see and use icons that are large enough they don't get passed over.
- Updated content: I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your information up to date. New owners? New phone number? When your contact information is incorrect, you lose business. When your "about us" page is outdated, you lose credibility.
- Brand consistency: If your business has a certain style or a specific color scheme, stick to it and be consistent throughout your entire site and social media profiles. It's disconcerting when the home page looks a certain way and a sister page looks completely different.
- Face of the company: Customers like to associate a brand with a relatable face like the company founder, the owner's wife or children, even the company dog. Put a picture of this person at the top of your homepage to promote a company beyond automated customer service and impersonal phone interactions.
Don't lose business because your website looks like it was built decades ago. Update your website today using these five vital components and drive more traffic to your company. Visit DaveNet.com for additional tips and tricks to liven up your business online.