So it's the end of the year, and you're looking at your numbers and asking yourself, "How could I have made more sales this year?" The answer is simple-train your technicians to become the best non-sales salespeople in the industry.
Consider these two scenarios:
- Your tech is in the home of a customer whose older system has started to present some hot and cold spots throughout the home. The tech makes the repair, schedules a follow-up call to ensure the customer is seeing positive results, and the call is finished.
- Your tech is in the home of a customer whose older system has started to present some hot and cold spots throughout the home. The tech talks with the customer about the Lennox Ultimate Comfort System and the possibility of transitioning the older unit to a newer, more technologically advanced unit combination with better efficiency and energy savings. The homeowner considers the offer while the technician makes the repair. The tech then schedules a follow-up to introduce the homeowner to a Comfort Advisor, who will set up an appointment to review potential product upgrades.
How much did your company make in scenario one? How much potential revenue does your company have in scenario two?
In the HVAC Learning Solutions course Service Sales Excellence™, technicians learn how to harness the confidence and communication skills needed to begin a sale on location with a homeowner, allowing a Comfort Advisor to return to make the full presentation. Service Sales Excellence™ will reinforce the following lessons for selling for non-salespeople:
- How to identify a potential sale in any service call.
- Communication 101 for starting the "sales" conversation with the homeowner.
- How to effectively set up the sale for a Comfort Advisor, including dialogue scripts for confident sales.
- How to transition a sale from technician to Comfort Advisor.
When it comes to making your numbers soar in 2015, consider the valuable training HVAC Learning Solutions has to offer technicians and Comfort Advisors alike at all experience levels.