60% of mechanical failures are refrigerant-related.
Have you ever struggled with a system that wouldn’t charge properly? Do you wonder if there is a better way test a system in less-than-perfect conditions? Let us help! This one-day course* is designed to equip you with the advanced diagnostic skills you need for today’s AC & Heat Pump systems.
Measurements: Learn to use superheat and subcooling as service tools, measure BTU output and diagnose non-condensables in the system.
Cold Weather: Master the secrets of charging when it’s cold outside, and installing and operating high and low ambient controls.
Controls: Understand thermal and economic balancepoint, defrost controls and using schematics for troubleshooting.
*This class qualifies for 8 hours of NATE continuing education credits.
- Program Price: $399
- Premier Dealers: $319* (20% discount)
*Prices subject to change.
Advanced AC & Heat Pump Diagnostics
- Review of the refrigeration cycle
Components of the refrigeration cycle and how they work
- Metering device
- Determining system metering device type
Proper refrigerant charging techniques
- Sub cooling
- Making adjustments to improperly charged system
- Cold weather charging
- Refrigeration system troubleshooting
- TXV operation and troubleshooting
- Heat pump operation
- Balance point
- Reversing valve operation and troubleshooting
Defrost operation and troubleshooting
- Time and temperature defrost board
- Demand defrost boards
- Heating check Charts
Advanced AC & Heat Pump Diagnostics Calendar
Look-Up By Class Name:
- Advanced Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps
- Advanced Electrical Diagnostics
- Advanced Master Selling
- Air Distribution
- Art of Service Management
- Gas Heat Diagnostics
- Master Selling
- Operations Accountability
- Residential System Design
- Service Sales Excellence
- Tech Communications
- Virtual Tech Communications