Advanced AC & Heat Pump Diag.
Learn advanced diagnostic skills for today’s AC & Heat Pump systems.
Ready to get started?
Is there such a thing as advanced air conditioner and heat pump servicing, beyond the basics? What if charging conditions are less than optimal? What is “non-invasive” testing? In this one-day class, techs learn advanced diagnostic skills for today’s AC & Heat Pump Systems.
What you'll learn
- Measurements: Learn to use superheat and subcooling as service tools, measure BTU output and diagnose non-condensables in the system.
- Cold Weather: Master the secrets of charging when it’s cold outside, and installing and operating high and low ambient controls.
- Controls: Understand thermal and economic balancepoint, defrost controls and using schematics for troubleshooting.
Course OverviewSample Syllabus
- Review of the refrigeration cycle
- Components of the refrigeration cycle and how they work
- Metering device
- Determining system metering device type
- Proper refrigerant charging techniques
- Sub cooling
- Making adjustments to improperly charged system
- Cold weather charging
- Refrigeration system troubleshooting
- TXV operation and troubleshooting
- Heat pump operation
- Balance point
- Reversing valve operation and troubleshooting
- Defrost operation and troubleshooting
- Time and temperature defrost board
- Demand defrost boards
- Heating check charts
Ready to take the next step in your career?Register Now
2023 Course Schedule
|Course Name||Date||Location||Type (In-Person or Live-Stream)|