Deliver a positive customer experience.
Ready to get started?
As a technician, you’re often the main point of contact for homeowners. That puts you in the perfect position to build trust between your company and your customers. Are you impressing homeowners every time you interact with them? Surveys indicate that 86% of customers will pay more for a better experience. Building rapport with homeowners often starts with clear communication. Establishing trust allows you to make suggestions for improving homeowners’ overall comfort and peace of mind. In this program, learn the soft skills necessary to confidently discuss “repair versus replace,” make service recommendations and offer maintenance agreements.
What you'll learn
- Communication for technicians: Learn the importance of technicians in the HVAC business model. It’s not just about fixing what’s broken. Improve skills for communicating and building trust with the homeowner and learn to communicate with confidence.
- Repair vs. replace: Tackle the question of whether to repair or replace, and practice making recommendations about replacements and service agreements that will improve customers’ comfort and peace of mind.
- Learn to listen: Listening is crucial to helping consumers make good decisions on their HVAC products and services. Learn key techniques for identifying the consumer’s needs while in the field.
- Generate more revenue: Master on-the-spot conversations to offer service or replacements and get maintenance agreements without becoming a salesperson.
With Tech Communications™ Virtual Classroom, attend class in the morning and run service calls in the afternoon.
Get the best of both in-person and online training with our new virtual classroom format. Live, online class sessions run Tue – Fri for four hours each morning, with a half-hour break. Meet with the instructor and your classmates for live, online learning and interaction. The morning schedule leaves you time for maintenance or service calls in the afternoon.
- Provide an improved customer experience, leading to increased customer loyalty and referrals.
- Gain simple methods to recommend replacement and maintenance agreements without “selling.”
- Level up your homeowner communication skills to build rapport and confidently discuss system maintenance.
- Maintenance agreements help to smooth out revenue dips over the shoulder seasons, so you and your company maintain a steadier work schedule.
- Virtual classes are held in the morning with a live instructor, allowing participants to run service calls in the afternoon.
- This program qualifies for 16 hours of NATE Continuing Education Hours.
“I used what you taught us to get an $830.00 service ticket, a gold star
maintenance agreement and a 2-system lead.”